Two graphs from the video are shown below:
- What body part is most likely traced in the video?
- Using a ruler, estimate the center of each spin on its graph.
- How many times does the skater revolve in the first graph? In the second graph?
- What would a traveling spin look like on a graph?
Additional free graphs are available in a free pamphlet from the publisher's webpage.
The following books from Schottenbauer Publishing contain similar types of graphs and data pertaining to the science of ice skating, figure skating, and hockey:
- The Science of Ice Skating
- Volume 1: Translational Motion
- Volume 2: Rotational Motion (Curves)
- Volume 3: Rotational Motion (Spins)
- Volume 4: Jumps
- Volume 5: Ice Hockey
- Volume 6: Biophysics
- Volume 7: Video Analysis
- Volume 8: Reference Manual
- The Science of Figure Skating
- The Science of Ice Hockey
- The Science of Winter Olympic Sports